Sunday, September 2, 2012

Signing Off from Wanaka

As often as I travel, some things never fail to amaze me. This morning, Monday, I woke in Wanaka, New Zealand where I am now sitting amidst packed bags. At the end of my day, a very long day, I'll be in the high desert of Arizona for a few days of contemplation before heading home to Vermont. Despite the lack of snow here in New Zealand (until today, apparently), I've had a terrific season of teaching at Cardrona, benefiting from their exceptionally professional staff and their incredibly welcoming atmosphere. They really made me feel at home, something for which I'm very grateful. I've enjoyed being a ski teacher this season as much as I have in a very long time. Still, new adventures await me at Sugarbush Resort in Vermont - I'm definitely excited, I have a lot to learn and there's a lot to do. In the meantime, I'll take one last look at the always jaw-dropping Southern Alps before getting my flip-flops some much-needed outdoor exercise on my way home. So, that's me done, signing off from Wanaka after another winter. Until next time ...


No comments: