Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Snow-Deprived Stupor

New Year's Day sunrise, 2012
It's been an interesting season so far. A late start, some pretty dicey conditions, oddly warm weather and serious challenges for all of us in the ski business. Thanks to some good luck, a healthy dose of help from my friends and clients, and some perseverance, I managed to have had an exceptionally busy and fruitful holiday period from which I am pretty exhausted. I'll free ski a bit this week, catch up on some work, teach a little, run some staff clinics, and generally get my head together and recover. When all that happens, I'm hoping that my writer's cramp disappears and that I'll find some interesting and pithy way of sharing some of what I've been thinking about over the past month. Until then, I'm experimenting with a new way of cooking pasta sauce that demands my attention and an early bed time that is looming.

Best wishes to everyone for a healthy, happy, and exceptionally snowy 2012.

No comments: