Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Enough Already

I can't help myself. I'm still in Crested Butte, Colorado, enjoying a few days free skiing with friends after a busy holiday week of work. What this means is that I'm not in uniform, not on the clock, not on a schedule, not concerned about technical precision (OK, maybe a little but concerned about it), and not constantly looking over my shoulder while skiing. It's terrific, it's a welcome change, and it's a great way to recharge my batteries. Why, you may ask, is this relevant to anyone who happens upon my blog? What insight can this possibly offer with respect to skiing, my work as a ski professional, or my life in the mountains? None. It's not relevant at all. What is relevant, however, is that my time skiing for myself alone allows me to really appreciate what I do and the places where I do it, and where I am at the moment is spectacularly beautiful. So, unable to resist, here are some more photos from the Colorado Rockies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the pleasure of receiving a lesson from you this past Saturday. You are a good teacher as your passion for skiing shows through what you do. I'm enjoying reading some of your blogs. You're a good writer as well...Yvonne