Thursday, June 12, 2008

Well, the weather outside is frightful ...

It's been almost eight weeks since the ski and snowboard season officially ended in Ludlow, Vermont. It's been a wonderful spring, generally speaking, but for the last several days we've been absolutely roasting. Temperatures last weekend and through Tuesday were definitely "Africa hot", culminating in two straight hours of some serious lightning on Tuesday night and then a nearly 24 hour power outage here in my home town, followed by perfect weather for just about anything you may want to do outdoors. It may not be the perfect time to leave New England according to the Chamber of Commerce, but I've hung up the bike, made all the tough decisions regarding what to bring, packed my bags, taken in some last fresh air before the long journey, and I am just about on my way to New Zealand and another winter. Finally. Enough already with this summer thing.

1 comment:

jenn said...

"Enough already with this summer thing" - ouch! Spanish lightning will be very insulted, not to mention some others. While you are in the dark and cold for the next few months, I will be enjoying Gosslings and lemonade in the warm shade of an umbrella with my feet in the pool! What do you think about summer now?